Monday, March 25, 2013

imagination and reality

January 4, 2013

Love's Coming  by: Ella Wheeler Wilcox

She had looked for his coming as warriors come,
with the clash of arms and the bugle's call;
But he came instead with as stealthy tread,
Which she did not hear at all

She had thought how his armor would blaze in the sun,
As he rode like a prince to claim his bride:
In the sweet dim light of the falling night
She found him at her side.

She had dreamed how the gaze of his strange, bold eye
Would wake her heart to a sudden glow:
She found in his face the familiar grace
Of a friend she used to know.

She had dreamed how his coming would stir her soul,
As the ocean is stirred by the wild storm's strife:
He brought her the balm of a heavenly calm,
And a peace which crowned her life.

***********************************************************************************
I was looking at blogs like I usually do each day- one had a poem on it ( a love poem), so I read it and it made me want to read more love poems. I googled some and came across this one.

I thought of you and thought it was perfect. I am very glad you liked it too. To me, it is how we imagine what it will be like to meet "the one" and usually it is not at all what we imagine.

You came as a surprise to me- I didn't know if you would want to even talk to me when I messaged you on facebook- then even more of a surprise when you asked me on a date (finally) and well look at us now.

Then you did come at night- to me night meaning a sad time- a time when I really needed you and there you were making me smile again, bigger than ever even.

And of course you were always a friend of mine and a familiar face- right under my nose the whole time.

I know I get mad at you and fight with you, but that is in any relationship- so it may not always seem like you have brought a calm and peace to my life but you really have; you have and will give me the life I have always dreamed of- a wonderful man to love and to love me back, a family one day, a marriage that lasts a lifetime, a person I can trust and don't have to worry about hurting me with their lack of heart ( because you have one of the biggest ones I've seen in a man besides my daddy and my pawpaw) and I'm sure much more.

I hope to give you everything you dream of

Always, Always

ps. This is one of my favorite entries, and I was hoping to get to it before you go off to Korea. I absolutely love this poem.

No comments:

Post a Comment